We love our landlords! If you are looking for a company that calls you back/ returns your text on the same day, uses the latest property management technology, has great attention to detail, and is licensed, educated, and experienced. You have found the right company. We know our landlords by name and many of our landlords have been with us for many years. You won’t find any hidden fees in our services. We don’t like surprises and our landlords don’t either. We handle a variety of things such as renewals, procurement, inspections, and remodeling for no extra fee. We have a wonderful group of service providers that we work with. But we don’t add any fees to their services. We also don’t get paid until you get paid. Please read the fine print in our competitors’ contracts. We find when you do, you will choose us.
Our fee is simple: Marketing, Leasing, and Management = 10% of rent
On occasion, we have a few folks that just want us to handle the marketing and leasing of a property. We charge the first month’s rent to market the property, fully vet potential tenants, and do the lease.
Comparing First Properties Management to Other Companies
- All prospective tenants are always accompanied by an agent or staff on showings even if
the property is vacant. We do not give out a key to prospective tenants.
- We pay faster than most companies. Several of our competitors don’t begin to process
landlord checks until the 20th. We direct deposit into your account on the 11th.
- We do not charge you for coordinating repairs.
- We do not get a percentage of the money that a vendor charges you for making repairs.
- We do not charge you for additional paperwork like amending or renewing the contract.
- We do not get paid until your property is rented.
- We are the company people choose after they get frustrated with other companies’ lack
of service, extended vacancies, hidden fees, and slow response time..
Marketing and Leasing
- Marketing analysis is provided to show you what other properties are renting for in your area.
- Property is listed in the MLS Service.
- Property is listed in many websites including Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia.
- First Properties Sign is provided if allowed. Directionals may also be provided if allowed.
- The agent fee for the agent procuring the tenant is provided out of the management/marketing fee.
- NC and SC lock boxes are provided for easy access for agents from other companies.
- A Showing Service communicates to you who is showing the property, how often, and the feedback on the property.
- The application process includes checking credit, rental, and criminal history.
- State approved forms are used for contracts.
- We provide and coordinate services to get property ready to rent.
- We assemble the contract and have it signed by all parties.
- Marketing analysis is provided.
- Property is listed in the Carolina MLS Service.
- Property is listed in many websites including Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia
- First Properties Sign provided. Directionals may also be provided if allowed.
- The agent fee for the agent procuring the tenant is provided out of the marketing fee.
- Lockboxes are provided for easy access for agents from other companies.
- A Showing Service communicates to you who is showing the property, how often, and
the feedback on the property.
- Our application process includes checking credit, rental, and criminal history.
- State-approved forms are used for contracts.
- Provide and coordinate services to get the property ready to rent.
- Collect rent.
- Direct deposit into the landlord’s account typically by the 11th of each month.
- Management statement sent to the landlord monthly.
- Excellent communication with quick response time during normal business hours.
- Inspections- twice a year (or more) with pictures to ensure the property is being
- Emergency Maintenance communication 24 hours a day – seven days a week.
- Schedule required repairs and routine maintenance.
- File eviction paperwork and go through the court process if the tenant breaks the lease.
- Report the tenant to the credit bureau if the lease is broken.
- Communicate with HOA for pool passes and other amenities.
- Maintain Security Deposit in a trust account and disburse according to state guidelines.
I just received an email about a showing and I am amazed! You really are phenomenal at your job and I greatly appreciate it. You guys are the absolute best!!!
Thank you so much,
Michelle, Thank you so much for this kind email! Appreciate you. And thank you for all that clarification if I needed it. I had so many places I could have rented from and honestly one of the main reasons I ultimately decided to go with this place was because of your help and kindness from day 1! I know a diligent property manager is key to a good experience with a rental for both the owner and the renter, and you already have exceeded my expectations. : )