Below you will find a list of things that must be completed before a property is vacated:
- Provide First Properties with your forwarding address. We need to know where to send the security deposit, mail, or packages.
- All utilities must be left on in your name (tenant name) until the last day of the lease.
- Please check your lease agreement and have any and all carpets in the home professionally cleaned as stated in the lease. We can help you with vendor recommendations and vendor coordination.
- The property must be cleaned thoroughly including baseboards, doors, flooring, kitchen, and bathrooms. We can help you with vendor recommendations and vendor coordination.
- All kitchen appliances must be cleaned, inside and out.
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs.
- Change air filters.
- If there are repairs that are needed that are your responsiblity, please let us know in advance of move out.
- Turn in all keys to the First Properties office, (i.e. mail box, storage, doors), Garage door openers, and any pool or fitness passes on the last day of the lease. (Keys are not to be left in the property.)
Please call Michelle at 704.248.3519 with any questions. We are here to help you through this process.