Below you will find a list of things that must be completed before a tenant vacates a property.
● Provide First Properties with your forwarding address to send your security deposit to.
● All utilities must be left on in tenant’s name until the last day of the lease.
● If you drove any nails or screws into the walls the holes must be patched and painted.
Please make sure paint matches. This is your responsibility.
● Please check your lease agreement and have any and all carpets in the home
professionally cleaned as stated in the lease and make sure we get a receipt showing it
has been done.
● The property must be cleaned thoroughly. This includes ceiling fans, baseboards,
inside cabinets, window sills, and blinds.
● All kitchen appliances must be cleaned, inside and out.
● Replace all burnt out light bulbs.
● Change air filters.
● Make sure the yard has been cut and is clean of all debris, weeds and tree limbs.
● Clean Gutters and Garage, sweep and remove all cobwebs and debris.
● Turn in all keys, (i.e. mailbox, storage, doors), Garage door openers, and any pool or
fitness passes to the First Properties office on the last day of the lease. We have a drop
box for after hours.
● Keys are not to be left in the property. If keys are not turned into the First Properties
Office there will be a $50.00 charge to your security deposit.
● There can be no trash left in trash cans or in the garage. If trash is left in cans and we
must push out the cans or pull the cans in you will be charged $50.00 from your
If you have any questions please contact Michelle at 704-201-7076. We thank you for your time
with us and if we can be of further assistance please let us know.