First Properties is the right choice for a lot of landlords. Our landlords enjoy being called back on the same day, our attention to detail, being on a first name basis with their property management team, having the latest property management technology, and working with our experienced licensed educated team. We know our landlords by name and many of our landlords have been with us for many years. You won’t find any hidden fees in our services. We don’t like surprises and our landlords don’t either. We handle a lot of things such as renewals, procurement, and remodeling for no extra fee. We have a wonderful group of service providers that we work with. But we don’t add any fees to their services either. Please read the fine print in our competitors contracts. We find when you do, you will choose us. We have three options for you to choose from:
- Marketing, Leasing, and Management = 10% of rent
- Marketing and Leasing = First Month’s rent
Management = 8% of rent
- Marketing and Leasing only = First full month’s rent
- You do not pay anything for our services until your property is rented.
- All prospective tenants are always accompanied by an agent or staff on showings even if the property is vacant.
- We pay faster than most companies. Several of our competitors don’t begin to process landlord checks until the 20th. Most months, your check is direct deposited into your account on the 11th of each month.
- We do not charge you for coordinating repairs.
- We do not get a percentage of the money that a vendor charges you for making repairs.
- We do not charge you for additional paperwork like amending the contract.
- We do not charge renewal or procurement fees.
- We do not charge cancellation fees.
- You can reach us during normal business hours. We have a cross trained staff.
- We answer emergency calls at night and on the weekends.
- Marketing analysis is provided to show you what other properties are renting for in your area.
- Property is listed in the MLS Service.
- Property is listed in many websites including Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia.
- First Properties Sign is provided if allowed. Directionals may also be provided if allowed.
- The agent fee for the agent procuring the tenant is provided out of the marketing fee.
- NC and SC lock boxes are provided for easy access for agents from other companies.
- A Showing Service communicates to you who is showing the property, how often, and the feedback on the property.
- The application process includes checking credit, rental, and criminal history.
- State approved forms are used for contracts.
- Provide and coordinate services to get property ready to rent.
- We put together the contract and get it signed by all parties.
- Collect rent.
- Direct deposit into landlord account typically by the 11th* of each month.
- Management statement sent to landlord monthly.
- Excellent communication with quick response time during normal business hours.
- Two (or more if needed) inspections with pictures to ensure property is being maintained properly a year.
- Emergency Maintenance communication 24 hours a day – Seven days a week.
- Schedule required repairs and routine maintenance.
- File eviction paperwork and go through court process if tenant is breaking the lease.
- Report tenant to credit bureau if lease is broken.
- Communicate with HOA for pool passes and other amenities.
- Maintain Security Deposit in a trust account and disburse according to state guidelines.
- Run yearly marketing analysis for rent and for sale to keep you in step with the market.
I just received an email about a showing and I am amazed! You really are phenomenal at your job and I greatly appreciate it. You guys are the absolute best!!!
Thank you so much,
Michelle, Thank you so much for this kind email! Appreciate you. And thank you for all that clarification if I needed it. I had so many places I could have rented from and honestly one of the main reasons I ultimately decided to go with this place was because of your help and kindness from day 1! I know a diligent property manager is key to a good experience with a rental for both the owner and the renter, and you already have exceeded my expectations. : )